Monday, March 30, 2009

An Amazing Day

So, today started out as any other normal day! I got up, went to school, and took a test. But, today was different. Why? Because, one, it was the last day of school before spring break, and two because, it was the senior crawfish boil which I work every year. And every year the same man comes to boil the crawfish. Mr. Mike Hefner. Well, that is my cousin Layla's ex-boyfriends dad. Yes, that is a lot to follow!! But he was like family. Josh, Mr. Mike's son, was like a cousin to me. And for once, in about 2 years, he showed up at school to help his dad cook the crawfish!





That would be him. Hef! You see he plays in this band called Oh! Juliet, and I promised him (a loooooong time ago) that I would go see his show. I never have since then. So, today I made myself a promise. I promised myself that I would get closer with my family. Yes, Josh may not be blood related but, he is still considered family to me. He helped me to realize, who better to reach my family than me. I'm so glad that I got to see him today because, it reminded me that I love my family to death. They are what makes me, me! Thank you God for helpin me to realize that!

No comments:

Post a Comment